Howdy! Well, it's been about a year or so since I've last posted, and I apologize for that. I found out that between school and life and being a wife, I don't have a lot of time for extra. The small stuff tends to go first- i.e. this blog.
But let me catch you up on what's been going on. We adopted a dog last year, her name is Molly. She is adorable with the most unique markings, and she has a great deal of character. We love having her as a part of the family.
I graduated last week with my master's degree. It is a bittersweet moment in many ways not just for me but also for Tim. For me, I have spent little time outside of a classroom until this point. Though I am looking forward to getting a job, and having a new routine, a part of my identity is gone and I feel a little lost. For Tim, he has finally found a group of guys that he enjoys hanging out with, and now we're leaving. For both of us, we have finally found our place in the church that we've been a part of for the better part of two years. Though the prospect of staying in College Station does not excite either of us, neither does the thought of leaving friends and loved ones.
At the moment, I do not have a job. The deal Tim and I struck was that I would go to school first, and then Tim would go back for his master's. I need a job to fulfill my end of that bargain, and he needs to finish applying. So for now, I'm loading up and moving to my parents' for June while Tim is on mission in South Africa, and then after that...who knows but the Lord? While I have a peace about our immediate plans, we have no idea where the Lord is leading next, and I have to wonder if this isn't what Abraham felt like (at least a little bit). We are literally loading all of our belongings into a pod next Tuesday to be stored until we know where we're going to end up. It's a little disconcerting, but I know that we'll be fine.
That very briefly sums the most important points. Now that I have graduated, I will attempt to keep up with this blog on a more regular basis.
Cheers,
Louellen
No comments:
Post a Comment