We packed up all of our belongings this week and have officially moved out of our apartment. All day on Saturday, I had thoughts like these: "We're going to be homeless!" "Are we doing the right thing?" "What are we doing?" "We're ridiculous." It was exhausting, and at the end of the day I was no further along in calming my anxiety. I'm not comfortable in this position at all, but the Lord has blessed us with a peace about the month of June. I don't have a peace about July yet, but I think it is because I still am holding out for an amazing job offer.
Tim has been great through all of this. And the Lord has blessed us tremendously in the process. It was hard to say goodbye to friends, but the hope is that one day we will see each other again. In the meantime, we wander. Aimless. And homeless. Well, sorta.
Our home is in heaven. I have to remember that on a constant basis. This earth is not my home. These things are not our things. Our home is in heaven, and we are just visitors passing through. So Lord, please show us how to be wise with the time you've given us, the opportunities you've granted, and help us to always have an eternal perspective. amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment